A Collection of 2017 Stats
- After 14 QB turnovers in the first 7 games, D’Eriq King committed only 3 turnovers in the 5 games he played at QB.
- UH finished 3rd in the country in completion percentage (1st in the American).
- But 110th in yards per completion.
- UH finished 101st in the country in turnovers lost – last in the conference.
- The only other stat UH finished last in the conference? Fumbles lost (94th nationally).
- UH led the American in 3rd down conversion percentage (14th nationally).
- UH averaged 20.2 ppg on the road.
- Coogs finished 23rd nationally in red zone defense.
- But 119th in passing yards allowed.
- And 114th in punt return yards.
- And 23rd in passes intercepted.
- After scoring 30 or more 85% of the time over the previous two years (23 of 27 games), UH did it only 4 times in 2017 (25%).
- UH is 4-6 in the division in the last 2 years. Had been 10-1 vs. the same schools the 3 previous years.
- With losses to Tulsa and Memphis, UH experienced it’s first two-game regular season losing streak since November 2013.
- In the last 5 games of the year, UH scored 10 total points in the 2nd quarter.
- In the first 7 games, we averaged over 13 points in the 2nd quarter.
- In Major’s 13 games as head coach, UH has been outscored 215-165 in the 2nd half.
- The Sagarin Ratings say UH played 6 games against teams in the top-half of the country (top 64). The Coogs went 3-3 in those games (wins over #41 USF & #52 Arizona, and #55 Navy). UH went 4-2 against bottom-half teams.
- UH lost to 3 teams that finished with a losing record – Texas Tech (#48 in Sagarin), Tulsa (108) and Tulane (76). The 3 teams combined to go 10-24 outside their games with us.
- In 13 of 24 halves this year, the Coogs scored 14 or less.
- No receiver had 2 TDs in a game all year.
- In 5 losses this year, UH forced just 7 turnovers. And they caused 14 TOs in 7 wins. Last year, in 4 losses the Cougars caused exactly 1 turnover – meaning 17 were created their 9 wins.
- Since the start of the 2016 season, the Cougars have created just 8 turnovers in their 9 losses and 31 turnovers in their 16 wins.
- Houston’s TOP in the ECU game (19:37) was the team’s lowest in a decade.
- UH ran just 48 plays in the ECU game, the least number run since 2006.
Games with least # plays since 2006:
48 – ECU 2017
53 – Miami 2006
54 – ULL 2006
55 – Texas State 2010
56 – USF 2013
57 – Marshall 2011
Share This Content With Other Coogs!